- NO washing machine… EVER!
- NO chemicals, fabric softener or anything else.
- No need to wash with every wear. Being a breathable yarn, Cashmere can just be aired out to keep it fresh.
- Wash by Hand with Love…using baby shampoo (if it works on babies…) or The Laundress Cashmere Shampoo (specially formulated for cashmere)
- Soak gently, rinse, press excess water and let it rest on a clean dry towel. Do NOT wring out to preserve original shape of your garment. Lay it flat on a towel to dry. You can add a towel on top and gently press out excess water then replace the garment to dry towel and let it rest till dry. Make sure to follow every step and your cashmere will look as good as new!
- Lastly, if you don’t have the time or desire, trusted Dry Cleaners will do the job.
PILLING & MAINTENANCE
- Some pilling is normal after wear, especially in areas where there is more friction, and it is not related to the quality of the cashmere. A cashmere comb, used lightly and carefully, is a good solution.
- Keep your garment out of bright light. Our sustainable breathable garment bag, which your piece came in, is a great way to keep it stored and fresh in a cool and dry place during longer periods of time.